1 cm Juvenile French Angel

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
I wanted to share a little picture with you guys. Yesterday I set up a 12 gal nano cube for my cousin to put in his house when he moves in November as he is getting married. I'm going to have to take care of it for him until then because his dad will kill him if he brought a tank in his house (LOL). I set it up using the water out of my tank (aged 8 weeks) some LR and LS. I was supposed to go snorkeling yesterday to collect fish for my tank, but the weather was too bad (Tropical Storm Rita) so I played in a few puddles at low tide for about an hour and caught a beautiful juvenile French Angel...Which I wanted for my tank. However, I figured 3000 gph in a 90 gal for a fish measuring 1 cm would never work (LOL) Some of the other things we got were some beau gregories (if that is how you spell), 2 brittle stars, a 3 inch baby conch, some caulerpa, a small piece of brain coral, and 2 little shrimps. All of the others went into my friends (who owns the LFS) tank. I just kept 1 beau gregory to keep the Frenchy company and they are eating already. Look closely cause he's really small.

Yeah Scooter, I love them. I've had 2 on different occasions and they've always eaten out of my hand after about a week. I like them more as juveniles though while they are black with the yellow bands and blue little fins on the underside. I've seen them stay that way so far up to about 5-6 inches or so. I saw a beautiful Queen angel about 6 inches long Saturday (which I wanted) when I went snorkeling, but he was a little too deep to stay down for long enough to catch. I prefer water no more than 5 ft to catch things. That is all you will usually need around here to catch basically any juvenile fish you want. It is unbelievable what you can find in such shallow waters. I guess after this storm passes by it will take a few weeks for the water to clear up enough to go back out. So I guess I'll just have to wait it out now:rolleyes:

krish75 said:
I played in a few puddles at low tide for about an hour and caught a beautiful juvenile French Angel...

That is cool Krish, although I did chuckle a bit at that sentence...hahahahah

- Elmo ;)

Glad you found it amusing Elmo...You know me, I'm always for a little humor even if I have to be the guinea pig (LOL) You know, happiness makes the world go round...The more you smile the longer and healthier your life will be. :D

Sorry guys. I just checked out the juvenile french and grey angelfish and the little fellow is actually a juvenile grey angel because of the blue on the bottom of its fins. The french is supposed to be all black.

krish75, man that nice to play in a puddles and find french hanging out. I like to live near an area were I can collect my own fish.

What a cute little guy! What is he eating?

Very cool to be able to find those in the tide pools. :)

ohh dood that's awesome and very nice colors
now let me just bring my magnifying glass and i'll tell you later :D

Welcome to RF hitillidie and thank you for the compliments, as well as you Alice and Gabby! He is eating flakes believe it or not. These fish we have around here eat anything. If you go out to the beach and eat something like Kentucky in the water ,they'll practically take it right out of your hand...It's really wierd.

Gabby, I can blow up the picture a little bit for you so you don't need to get a magnifying glass or I could just go back to the beach and catch a bigger one for you (LOL). Soon as this storm blows over, I'm going out for a bigger one (about 3-4 inches) and a queen angel about the same size. I've had them both before in my old setup and they were a joy to have and keep.

ohh boy i wish i could just go and catch my fishes.. darn it !!
yeah go get a bigger one dood, or make the picture bigger so i can see :D

Back