10 gallon sps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

10gnano

Figured it was about time I show my setup, I've been looking around the site for a few weeks now. I have a 10 gallon display drilled with a 10 gallon sump/fuge. Before this I had a 10 gallon filled with soft corals, I had a bad algae bloom which lead to the addition of a sump/fuge and new tank. In the process of switching things over I decided I would have this setup house mostly sps and I traded all of my soft corals, with the exception of a few.

Equipment:
2 10 gallon glass tanks
24" aquaticlife t5 fixture w/ATI bulbs(aqualue special & blue plus)
Cpr bakpak skimmed w/ venturing pump
Marineland 100w stealth heater
Reefkeeper lite(basic)
Eheim ecco compact 2000 (return pump)
Korila mini powerhead
Tom aqua litter (auto top off)
20 lbs live rock (+ or - a few lbs)
15 lbs live sand/crushed coral

CUC:
3 cerith snails
4 astrea snails
1 emarld crab
1 xanthid crab (has red claws with red/white stripped legs, and sand colored body)
2 blue hermit crabs
2 margareti snails
1 nassarius snail

Corals:
Lunar eclipse zoas
Radio active dragon eyes
Green bay packar zoas (I think this is what they are not a 100%)
Cabbage coral (in fuge)
Green star polyps (in fuge)
miscellaneous mushrroom (in fuge)
Ruffled ridge
Orange monti
purple tort
Tri color tort (green tips, purple, blue base)
Red digi
Unknown mini
Unknown acro
Unknown zoa

Fish:
Clown fish

Sorry no pics at the moment, my computer crashed and I cant upload any from my phone. Soon to come though.

I guess you need to have so many posts before you can see pics or even post pics, interesting. So here's number two.

Well welcome to the site. I just started a 3 gal set up. Waiting for the lights to be done. I am having LED lighting made.
How long have you had your tank set up?

Hey :welcome: to Reef Frontiers I'm sure you will get alot of great info/ideas and meet many fellow reef adicts here.

Cheers, Todd

Well welcome to the site. I just started a 3 gal set up. Waiting for the lights to be done. I am having LED lighting made.
How long have you had your tank set up?
It's been up for three months, everythng in it came from my previous ten gallon that was running for little over a year.

Sthanks everybody. Sorry for the multiple posts just realized I could do multiple quotes at a time. I'm using ny phone, didn't see the little box in the corner.

I've heard good things about the tunze powerheads. I get a large percentage of my flow from my return pump, which is an eheim ecco compact 2000. It has adjustable flow between 270-550, if I'm remembering correctly. With head loss and bends in my return line I'm guessing I'm at about 400-450gph with he return, add In the korila and I'm at about 600-700gph.

I've been having good polyp extension and growth from the sps. I recently added a couple frags about a month ago and they have already started icrusting the plugs I put them on. I have noticed that I dont get the best polyp extension in the day from a couple of acro's, but at night they fully open, not sure if this is normal behavior for some types of acros.

I actually saw this on nano-reef... nice build you got there... I do however suggest that you paint that overflow or cover it with that black plastic vinyl to make it black.. haha but thats just me :)

I actually saw this on nano-reef... nice build you got there... I do however suggest that you paint that overflow or cover it with that black plastic vinyl to make it black.. haha but thats just me :)

that's one of the regrets I have about the setup. What black plastic vinyl stuff are you talking about? I also did this as a tester for when I upgrade to a larger setup, not sure if I will do the bean overflow again, it takes up alot of room in the tank.

I'm referring to the black/blue plastic sheets that you can buy to tape the back of your tank to make the back black without spraying painting it. If you take that stuff and cut it to size, you can actually super glue it inside your tank to the outside of your overflow. This is what I did with my pico.

are you just talking about the normal blue black reverse side clings sold in most any petstore?

Finally got around to putting some pics up...

Attachments

• IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    58.4 KB
  • IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    65.9 KB
  • IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    67.3 KB
Back