12x12x12 update with pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

keener1830

lawnmower
Ok so I finally have the tank fully cycled got some now rock and have added a frag of
purple polyped birds nest, green polyped birds nest
IMAG0276.jpg

and a small rock of zoos
IMAG0280.jpg

Full tank shot
IMAG0275.jpg

Please excuse the pics my camera is having problems getting pics onto the computer so there taken with my phone. Things to come, I am getting a yasha gobie w/pistol shrimp and pom pom crab. Mainly going to be zoos and a few more acros till I get the big tank up and they move there.
I rebuilt the sump so if it gets plugged again it goes back in the tank not on the floor.

Last edited:
Very nice!!! I see more and more people going with dark substrate these days. Looks good though. I'm still a bb freak though :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krish the original plan was bb. But since I haven't wanted a yasha for so long and decided to make it happen and added the black sand

Got a new fish and shrimp today
Yasha Goby
IMAG0286.jpg

I can't find him since I let him go, he's good at hiding

Tiger Pistol Shrimp
IMAG0285.jpg

He's busy digging up my whole tank, tommorow when I get home I am going to have to remove some sand. I am pretty sure the Yasha is down in the hole with him as they were paired.

i like the look you got going here... looks like a clean, neat setup .. very nice!

One warning for you on the pistol shrimp... Any frags you put on the sand bed will be fair game. it will drag anything it can down in its holes to shore up its tunnels. They will also bury things with their digging. Just keep it in mind as you add things to your tank. They are great to watch though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rukis thanks I really like the how clean it looks.
Eww I have already had to unburry the the zoo rock, and I am going to remove some sand with all the extra he has kicked to the front. He's really cool and fun though.

So I have removed part of the sand bed in the front of the tank so there is 2" of sand bed. The shrimp made a huge mess got it all cleaned up now to see if he is happy with his cave and my sand. He's fun to watch work.

The goby is still not showing himself even at feeding time I think I caught a glimpse of him down tucked in the hole yesterday

how is your tank doing? i just set up my first pico tank well see how it goes! ill stick around!

haven't updated in a little while. After my movers packed my tank like crap I have noticed that a seam on the front is starting to seperate so I am working on getting a new tank with starfire glass this time. I have added one new zoo rock. I post pics soon gotta do some work to the thank. I know for sure the yasha didnt' make it :( Havent' seen it in over a month.

dont stress could very well be in there still. i had a randalli goby for a few months then didnt see it for 2 months. it was the only thing in the tank so i quit feeding after not seein it for 2 months. a month later i pulled all the rock out and drained the tank to like an inch of water above the sand. left it like that for another month before i sold the tank. when i was about to load up the tank i was dumping the water and barely noticed a flash. sure enough that randalli was still alive so i ran em over to a buddys place and hes be content there ever since and that was like 2 years ago!

Tank update
Its been awaile since I posted. About a week ago went to clean the power head but when I pulled the bottom off the impeller decided to go air born and break upon landing. Since I could not find a new impeller locally I bought a korlia nano 240 instead. Moves alot more water than my pico 180. I also got a new zoo rock a few weeks ago. Pics to follow.

Back