135 gallon 24' tall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

volivier

What lighting would you recommend for this tank? Want to keep acropora, xenia, hammer, bubble, open brain, zoo's. Mushrooms too.

Personally I think I would go with 2 250w 10k's with actinic suppliment. It's what I'm actually running and working pretty well for me. Only thing list I don't have in my tank is a brain. But from my understanding they like light as well.

JMHO
Duane

HO flourescent lights

my husband has some HO lights he had in his shop, how do those work for a tank?

250 watt Metal halides

Hi Valerie in Kansas well water. I think Duane has given you good advice I have the same (250 watt Metal halides) And I have been told that is pretty good at 24" Do you currently have the 150 watt Halide on thuis tank at this time? If so how is it preforming for you now? I have seen post's on T-5 lighting but I have no idea how deep It will preform good luck with your choice....... Jeff:)

Ohgee said:
Personally I think I would go with 2 250w 10k's with actinic suppliment. It's what I'm actually running and working pretty well for me. Only thing list I don't have in my tank is a brain. But from my understanding they like light as well.

JMHO
Duane

Volivier,

The light you have would work well with most everything except the acros. I started out with a simular light and soon changed over to MH's and found that everything like them much better.

If I had it to do over I wouldn't have spent so much money and would have started out with MH's. I'm not going to tell you your light won't work becuase I have an acro under a PC fixture but it was a small frag that I wanted to experient with. Only differance I can tell is that the growth is slower and the color is completely different. The one under MH's are a great bright green and under PC's it's brown.

Needless to say it will work but in my opinion not as nice.Hope my input helps a little.

Duane

Back