135g RR brackets?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

roscoe

I just picked up a 135g glass tank. I was wondering if I cut out the 2 plastic cross beams would it weaken the tank stuctural integrity of the tank?

TIA, Sarang

Is there a way to cut it and brace it some how? I just don't want the shadow cast from the cross beams.

Are you going with a CL? Is it a RR tank?

Oh also I had to buy a new impeller for the mag but it's working really well. I am going with the extreme 160, the 250 won't fit in my sump....4" to large.

Last edited:
Yes it is reef ready Willie and no close loop for me. I will be utilizing 2 wavy sea with k4s or some type of tunze pumps glued to them on each long end of the tank and have a couple k2or k3 hidden behind the rock work for flow along the back of the tank.. Edwing I will be utilizing 2 MH and a couple t-5s to supplement.

Good choice Sarang. Even though i have a CL now I think they are just a problem waiting to happen! :lol::lol:

i got a 55 and it has a broken brace for like 1 year but it is kinda scary ive heard of ways to weld or bond like a piece of acrylic there instead though

Yeah I don't want to risk cutting it now after I called Oceanic and they confirmed that in time it will bow out and seams can possibly split especially a 6ft tank. I think that would be the last straw and the end of having fish tanks in the house for my Fiance if we came home to 135g of water on our carpet.

Back