14g Biocube stocking ideas

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dmcbride

So I am starting a 14g nano and am trying to get some good ideas for a couple of interesting fish. I do like the Citron Goby so any ideas what else might be good or even better? Looking for beginner to moderate care. Thanks for the help!

A clown is always a good beginner hardy fish that doesn't require a huge amount of space. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why not get a pair or trio of the citron gobies?? They are cute, and you can keep them in groups :D

one thing I always forget about in nanos is clean up crews - you can indulge with cool crabs and snails since you really dont have the swimming area for some of the "cooler" fish... love me some scarlet hermit crabs, or porcelain/anemone crabs, or pom pom crabs :D

do you have already cycled water or are you cycling the water yourself?

I guess you could say a little of both. I have live sand and live rock in it, still adding in more live rock. As soon as I do my next water change on my 33 gal I am going to add in some of that just to help add in some of the good stuff. So I am a little ways out from stocking, but wanting to figure out what my plan of action is.

why not get a pair or trio of the citron gobies?? They are cute, and you can keep them in groups :D

one thing I always forget about in nanos is clean up crews - you can indulge with cool crabs and snails since you really dont have the swimming area for some of the "cooler" fish... love me some scarlet hermit crabs, or porcelain/anemone crabs, or pom pom crabs :D

I did not know I could have a little group. Liveaquaria said that they will harass each other if in a small tank. But, a pair would be nice. Would the anemone crab or pom pom crab kill snails like some hermits? I really like them, but not if they can be aggressive towards snails or potentially other things.

Last edited:
My pick would be a Dracula goby and pistol shrimp.

Well, I am afraid I feel in love...... a little yellow-eye blenny. I'm hoping he is still at Kevin's when my tank is ready. Personality is too cute. But, I am a blenny fan. My favorite fish in my 33 gal is my bi-color. I never know if he is going to pop out upside down, sideways or what and this little guy is the same.

Back