• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

150 gallon tank by Matt

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fishoutofwater

Here are some pics of the recent tank built by Matt at CFI. Thanks again Matt it was great working with you. Tank measures 60x23x24 with a 60x6x12 coast to coast overflow.

fish007-1.jpg

fish008-1.jpg

fish009-1.jpg

fish005-1.jpg

fish002-1.jpg

fish004-1.jpg

fish010-1.jpg

fish011-1.jpg

fish014.jpg

fish003.jpg

fish024.jpg

fish016-1.jpg

Last edited:
nice tank love the overflow I also have one of Matts tanks and love it.how long before its up and running

I am ordering the bulkheads today for the closed loop and drains and will be ordering 200lbs of live rock for delivery next week. I am hoping to have it wet by the first of the month. I am waiting on a pump for my return that I am getting from someone thats still trying to get the rest of there stock gone. Other than that I have most everything I need. It s an iwaki 100 thats going to be running my return to 2 seaswirls that are 1". My closed loop will be running a hammer head reeflo pump.

I am ordering the bulkheads today for the closed loop and drains and will be ordering 200lbs of live rock for delivery next week. I am hoping to have it wet by the first of the month. I am waiting on a pump for my return that I am getting from someone thats still trying to get the rest of there stock gone. Other than that I have most everything I need. It s an iwaki 100 thats going to be running my return to 2 seaswirls that are 1". My closed loop will be running a hammer head reeflo pump.
I use a hammer head with oceans motions 8way i get lots lots of random flow with it. Is the iwaki pump in Portland I was thinking of buying it for my new Skimmer Matt built me

Wow nice tank. Thanks for sharing this. I was talking with matt about building me a tank in the spring and seeing yours is really making me want to do it sooner.

Thanks for sharing!

Rob,

Thanks for sharing the pictures! It is always great to get good positive feedback!
Keep us posted with updates!

Cheers!
Matt

not rude, just shoot matt a PM with dimm's and he'll give you a ball park..
mine (jason @CFI built it) is a 125 60x24x20 was $1050

not rude, just shoot matt a PM with dimm's and he'll give you a ball park..
mine (jason @CFI built it) is a 125 60x24x20 was $1050

Is that $1050 shipped??? If so that is a hell of a price in my opinion (good way). I like how the overflow is all enclosed to keep the salt creep down. That is one thing that is annoying with a salt tank is the salt creep all over the place.

shipping would definatly be extra and I believe the price would be more than that for that size tank now as acrylic has gone up.

Matt,

Nice tank. Can you explain the advantage of a coast to coast overflow?

I am not Matt but I can explain it.

Think of your overflow as a pre-skimmer. It takes the top of the water where most of the bad proteins and such come to and sit. If you have your flow slow enough you will skim the top of your water and it will always be clear.

Having coast to coast gives you more pre-skimmer area which in turns skims the top of the water faster.

HTH

Back