2 rabbit fish living together

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tat2z_21

tat2z_21
So is it possible that 2 rabbit fish could find a harmoneous existance in a 90 gal tank. I currently have a foxface, and looking at the gorgeous Yellow Blotch Rabbitfish. Just wondering I am aware of the size they get and hopefully by that time I will have a bigger home for them. I would just need them to get along until the big move to another tank.

I have a orange spot rabbitfish and a one spot foxface that graze together. But mine are in a 375 gallon tank, so not really a fair comparison.

How large is your foxface and how large is the rabbitfish you are thinking of adding?

My rabbitfish bolts for the rocks when someone walks pass the tank; kinda of a skiddish fish. My foxface is alittle more bolder I wish I had gotten two of them and passed on the rabbitfish.

Kirk

Rabbits arent as moody as tangs, but you just never know. I think if they're both small and the same size you'd have better luck. It's not unheard of in a 90. Another thing is to maybe move some rock around and reassign the sleeping arangements...Good luck, not that you'll need it.. :)

i would say no,not in a 90 gallon.ive been told they shouldnt be housed with other rabbitfish,as with NC2WA said,he has a 375 gallon,they can separate to other areas if need be,in a 90,not so much the case.

Back