2006 -- 2007 PSAS Schedule

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
:idea: :idea: :idea: UPDATED THE CALENDAR, take a look:idea: :idea: :idea:

July and August traditionally were off meetings - but hey, we are going to have a fun summer. See the threads about July and August. Thank you to our sponsors for hosting these meetings and offering the members some great deals.

September 16 2006 will be our first meeting for the new year. Scott Michaels will visit with us. He will also have his new book for sale and will happily autograph it for you! Here's a little tidbit I found about Scott... "Scott W. Michael is an underwater photographer widely regarded as one of the world's foremost authorities on the behavior and husbandry of reef fishes in aquarium systems. He is a regular contributor to Aquarium Fish Magazine and has served as a scientific consultant to National Geographic Explorer and the Discovery Channel. He is the author of Reef Sharks and Rays of the World (Sea Challengers), and Aquarium Sharks & Rays (Microcosm).

October 2006: Traditional frag swap.... members are encouraged to trade with one another... tons of fun! UPDATE: Well that meeting was a sure fire fun day!

November 11 2006: A Seahorse presentation by Vicky on November 11th at the Seattle Aquarium. More to come on this but I'm very excited about it! Who wants some seahorses?

December 16 2006: Holiday potluck/party/tank viewing extravaganza :D We are heading to Puyallup to Vicki's to see all her tanks and have a very fun social event. Plase mark your calendars now! December 16th; time TBD.

January 20, 2007: Our own Aaron (uwscotch) has aggreed to do a presentation/workshop on diving in the Puget SOund area. Many members have asked for this so hope to see you all there. Meeting at BCC at 6pm.

February 17, 2007: Frank Marini will be flying up for a talk with the group. Time probably 6pm; more info to follow; meeting will be at BCC.

March 17, 2007: This month is still open, but a lot of you want another frag swap; so we are thinking of a vendor night like we have had in the past along with members trades/selling; a full fledged get together. Still under works....

April 21, 2007 This will be a fabulous month as our own Dr. Adelaide Rhoades will visit the group and teach us about copepods and exactly what they are and what they will do for our home aquariums. More info to follow. Meeting at BCC; 6pm.

May 2007: Charles Delbeek - Wow can you believe that? We are all very excited to have him come to speak with our club. Still hoping to get confirmation on Charles; keep your fingers crossed.

June 16, 2007: Yearly club fundraising picnic/raffle: Location and details to be arranged.

July - no plans:

August - no plans:

September 15, 2007: Talking clams with James Fartheree - This will the the yearly kickoff and will be a lot of fun. The board is sure to have something fun clam activity - keep your fingers crossed!

Dues reminder: They will remain the same this year. Individual membership is $25; family 2-4 members participating in functions and events $40. All functions are members only. These dues are what funds the events and speakers along with raffles we are able to have courtesy of our sponsors.

Questions, feedback or concerns: Please send any one of the board members a PM.

Last edited:
WOw two of the biggest speakers in the industry. Charles had great slides last time I saw him. I am glad the club has had such great sponsors to help support these speakers.

BTW my birthday is in october so we should try and work the frag swap in with that. each person attending has to bring me a frag. Something along those lines. We can throw some idea's around next meeting and firm it up a bit.

Thanks Colleen! Sounds Super! March 17th is St. Patricks Day - not sure if you are planning a solid event on that day, but it would be interesting.

Well we really try to stay committed to the third Saturday which has been club tradition. Talk about committed, it's my birthday but I didnt want to rock the calendar. Just bring me some green beer, I've never had any:D :D :D

Since we dont' have a solid plan yet, wouldn't it be fun to do that?! Have green beer and do a fuge presentation? All things Green theme? That would be so much fun! Maybe even discuss the usefullness of macro algae and emeral crabs. I'd love to help if that is something that you guys think would work. (and a green birthday cupcake?)

Are You Sure You want this fellow as a guest speaker?? http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=a033701ac3fe0714ec0ee49G06121612

:idea: :idea: :idea: UPDATED THE CALENDAR, take a look:idea: :idea: :idea:

May 2007: Charles Delbeek - Wow can you believe that? We are all very excited to have him come to speak with our club. Still hoping to get confirmation on Charles; keep your fingers crossed.

Questions, feedback or concerns: Please send any one of the board members a PM.

Are You Sure You want this fellow as a guest speaker?? http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=a033701ac3fe0714ec0ee49G06121612

Dog gone it, I am at work and could not open it. Here is one more that PSAS Board is working on. James Fartheree for September 2007. He penciled us in. So he is planning on it. James has a new Book out this year. Vicki, The magazine(Tropical Fish Hobbyist) I left at your house was for Colleen. It had a article with James Fartheree in it. Look for the Reefer in the Magazine and you will see him and learn his thoughts. I Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Merry X mas you guys!
Ed:)

March 17, 2007: This month is still open, but a lot of you want another frag swap; so we are thinking of a vendor night like we have had in the past along with members trades/selling; a full fledged get together. Still under works....

Hi Colleen - just curiuos if there were any updates on this one. Any Vendor's show interest? does it look like this will be a go? I know we still have some time, no pressure, just curious. :) :) :)

If there are no objections I want to change the picnic to June 23rd. 4th Sat instead of our traditional 3rd Saturday. I have a couple scheduling conflicts and I can't miss the picnic. If it's a problem for anyone's schedule please let me know. I'm sure my faithful cohorts can carry on without me for once.

PICNIC - I never can keep a secret but we are in cahoots with Brian from IAP to have a wonderful cube tank to raffle off. Thank you Brian for your ongoing, continuos generosity of the PSAS!!![/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]

Also looking into furniture IF we can afford it. Come on members come support the club so we have the funding for fabulous raffles and give aways!!

PICNIC - I never can keep a secret but we are in cahoots with Brian from IAP to have a wonderful cube tank to raffle off. Thank you Brian for your ongoing, continuos generosity of the PSAS!!![/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]

Also looking into furniture IF we can afford it. Come on members come support the club so we have the funding for fabulous raffles and give aways!!

Awesome -- he he - can't wait :p :p :p

My day off request for May needs to go in soon. Is there a date set yet? Is there anything I can do to help make it happen?

Thanks,
Jon

Last edited:
Hey Jon,
I think you want to take this one off Buddy! May 19th save it for us.
We got a confirmation today, a new speaker that is hot fresh on the market.
You are going to see him first here in Seattle area. I am sure then at Masna, Imac, Mars. But first here Buddy!

Back