2012 CT Frag Farmers Market Invite!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fitch4

FFM2012.jpg

Jon Swanson here from the Edwin O. SMith High School coral project (www.esomithcoralproject.org) Its that time again, FFM 2012 is on March 10, this year from 12-5pm. The deal will be the same as last year FREE to get in and TONS of awesome corals at great prices. I always go in thinking I don't need anything and leave with a cooler full of things I didn't need... The idea behind the FFM is to promote the idea of aquacultured corals for use in the hobby. As part of the research project that I have going with my students at the school, I open up the school for regional hobbyists to set-up tanks and come in to sell frags that they have. A few of the local shops, who do some fragging, come in to set up as well. My motivation being that if I can provide a way for the hobbyist to sell his/her "crop" off to make a buck to support their tanks, they will be more likely to frag, grow and distribute their stuff. On the other end, it makes aquacultured frags available to the hobbyists who come to shop so they are more likely to stock their tanks with homegrown frags. It was awesome last year and keeps getting better each year. Spread the word, come out and pick up some great home grown frags to stock your tank!
Did I mention it was FREE to get in?
If you have frags that you would like to sell, it will still only be a $25 donation to the school to set-up, I supply the space, electricity, tank (if you need it but let me know early, I only have a few!), and heated water (again let me know). If you don't have enough frags yourself and want to share a tank with someone, no problem, just let me know. I am also going to do the spaces slightly differently in that I am putting together a "map" this year and will let people pick their rooms/spots ahead of time based on when they pay (first paid, first choice). This should give me a better idea of who is coming, hopefully earlier. Other than the front tables, I have just about all the spots open, so far. If you think you are interested in selling, let me know, pay in, and I will send you the "map" when I get it together so you can pick the room and location you want. I'd also like to get more of the local farmers to come out this year if I can. Feel free to mention it to anyone you know and have them get in touch with me to get signed up. Last year I ended up with lots of stores, who sell frags, which brings in LOTS of beautiful frags, but I would love to see more hobbyists make a $ or two to support their habit. Let me know if you have any suggestions or questions! Thanks.
Jon

Back