20L Design Want Opinions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SmileyFace1995

Want to build a 20 gallon long setup!
I am really wanting to build a 20L setup, i have a 20L aha.
Planning on drilling it but don't have any idea on which type of built in overflow to do, i found this post, anyone have opinions on which one to do?
Types of Overflows, an Illustrated Guide - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Also i will probably build a stand in Shop Class, should i make a 20L Sump or 15? OR make the Display a 29? :D Anyone? Thanks

Drill a hole in the bottom and build a corner overflow (square, not triangle) with a durso stand pipe. You'll be happy you did it that way

+1 on Duanes (trido) advice. Have you read through the 20L Ready to get wet by Peppie thread below in this forum ??? if not you should. He has done some amazing work with this dimension of aquarium.

Todd

Should i make 2??? And how should i do the return??? Threw the bottom as well?

One is plenty. I wouldnt take the risk of drilling a return pipe into the tank when IMO an over the rim return is not any more obtrusive than powerhead electrical cords.

should i make a 20L Sump or 15? OR make the Display a 29?

The more water volume you have the better as more volume equals more stability. Go with the biggest option you have available IMO.

Good luck with the build. :)

The more water volume you have the better as more volume equals more stability. Go with the biggest option you have available IMO.

Good luck with the build. :)

I have a 180 Waiting to be setup, i need a Skimmer, Sump, and Plumbing :shock:

Dont got the $$ right now

Back