• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

240g custom build through CFI

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

class clown

Hi gang,

Well, it's been a good month or so since the tank was delivered and I figured it was about time to Pay Jason at CFI the respect he deserves for building an awesome tank for me. I'm still smiling about the whole experience. The quality in my opinion-- unmatched. There was not a shortcut taken on the construction and the price was very reasonable. On top of that, it comes with a warranty that you can't beat.

Tank Specs:
dimensions: 4 ft L x 4ft W x 2ft H
gallons: 240g
materials used : Acrylic 1/2" - clear on 4 sides
Black continuous overflow - 4" wide (i'm glad you didn't talk me into going any shorter)
6 " bracing on top for the backs and sides
10" bracing on the front (wanted larger so the lip would fit inside the wall and help reduce condensation)
3 removable acrylic black out panels to cover up the sides
2 rock racks with removable pegs (such a good idea)
Starboard bottom
3 removable black lids over the overflow so I can access
all sides 7 corners buffed and polished - no rough cuts anywhere
Total of 23 holes drilled to support closed loop and return:
12 holes drilled in the bottom of the tank
6 holes drilled in the back of the overflow
5 holes drilled in the top

As mentioned, I'm really pleased with the experience and final product. So here's a little picture tribute to thank Jason for his hard work, great ideas, and for putting up with my constant mind changing during the design phase;).

Being delivered:
550724758_9c820ac11a.jpg

marked holes to start drilling:
550724778_b82ad89d26.jpg

Drilling begins - watch out, it's loaded:
550724822_7fb30addeb.jpg

Drilling continues:
550724862_e78a5a329f.jpg

Proud new owners:
550753700_afee75d665.jpg

close up of corner so you can see the clean lines. This was a test fill...
769649925_316b8af768.jpg

Test fill complete, and I inserted the rock racks w/ removable pegs (no pegs pictured)
769650301_1258d2de2a.jpg

and a few weeks later, we have it all completed:
897146856_69539e05ae.jpg

897146902_94dd8a5ce0.jpg

897216882_2e32864b3e.jpg

I removed the black out panels for the picture, so you could see the sides and plumbing, but those will be up soon as soon as I get some velcro.

Thanks Jason. It was a pleasure doing business with you!
Ben

very very nice finished product and recommendation for Jayson at Clear Fabrications. :D

Is JasonD the one who built your tank?

Matt

Jason Gregory from Clear Fabrications Inc. His logon on the forums is JPG@CFI if you'd like to shoot him a PM, or you can see his banner that links to his website in our sponsors section too and shoot him an e-mail or give him a jingle. Matt - are you dreaming up something new?

thanks everyone else for the compliments.:)

I remember seeing your planing stage thread, and I think your tank turned out great! All those built in return nozzles... WOW. One question though-did you decide against the walk around service platform, or is it still in the works?

I remember seeing your planing stage thread, and I think your tank turned out great! All those built in return nozzles... WOW. One question though-did you decide against the walk around service platform, or is it still in the works?

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Jason had some great ideas for me that contributed in a major way to the success of the project.

Logiktest, I'm still trying to figure the cat walk/platform out. Right now, i'm just using a ladder which works, but isn't ideal.

Back