29 Bio Cube Micro Bubble Issue

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

angry gary

i have had my oceanic bio cube up and running for almost two months .and i have had a micro bubble issue from day one. i added a sapphire nano skimmer right after that. no matter what i try the damn bubbles will not go away. i have removed the skimmer, turned it around in the rear compartment, tried adding sponges here and there. all futile efforts. i am ready to throw the cube away. i need help fast!
angry gary

I found this skimmer which is advised to be used in your mini notice the red text below.....
Fission Nano-Protein Skimmer
The Fission Nano-Skimmer is the worlds smallest protein skimmer, measuring a mere 6.5" high and 2" in diameter.
Small size fits most nano-aquariums
Patented hang-on submersion design
Includes air injection submersible pump & suction cups
Easily disassembled for cleaning
For tanks up to 30 gallons
fissionnanoskimmer.jpg

Ideal for all nano-reef aquariums,

Powered by an energy efficient air injection pump, the patented Fission skimmer rips bubbles into a vortex foam froth, breaking apart proteins and organics and efficiently removing them from your nano-home. Easy-to-install, this nano-skimmer packs the power of fission into pint sized perfection creating a safe and clear environment. Ideal for use with tanks up to 30 gallons.
Each skimmer includes a 84 gph (320 L/hr) submersible air injection pump, protein skimmer, suction cups for mounting, hanging clip, two connection elbows and six bubble reducing pads

i am seriously considering returning it and running it without a skimmer. i will be interested to see if nanotuners is will to take it back after 6 weeks.

AG

Get more bubble reducing pads and place them in the spots that flow back into the main part of the tank, focusing on the area the bubbles are coming from. I was not advising the use of any particular skimmer, just looking for ideas to help with the bubble problem.

i have added and removed sponges in every possible nook cranny and hole! maybe there is some kind of flaw in the build of this particular skimmer. i do not know.
and is there sponges or filters made and designed to filter bubbles?

AG

Back