30" x 12" Cree,BridgeLux, and (2) Kessel 350's Custom Fixture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Spinner

Reef
Hello,

For my 8' x 30" deep 300 gallon tank my plan has always been MH - LEDs - MH light set up. So i bought (2) LumanMax Elite 250 watt MHs and (2) 120 watt ApolloLeds 12k fixtures. I just sold my never used LEDs so now i want to design(with your help) the center piece light fixture for my tank.

I want (2) Kessel's 350's to be center at each 1/3 of 30" x 12" fixture with a combo of Cree and BridgeLux around them. This is my start so input needed/welcome.

Wish List:

(2) Kessel 350's

(1) 30" x 12" fixture/heat sink

(6) UV

(9) Moon able to dim.

:help:

wait, why did u sell the apollo fixtures??
over all mediocrity???
or didnt give you proper coverage/penetration for a 30" deep tank?

so are you thinking of drilling out the heat sink to accomodate the kessils??
or riding them next to the heat sink,
is this inside of a canopy??

wait, why did u sell the apollo fixtures??
over all mediocrity???
or didnt give you proper coverage/penetration for a 30" deep tank?

so are you thinking of drilling out the heat sink to accomodate the kessils??
or riding them next to the heat sink,
is this inside of a canopy??

Hello Skimmy,

Apollo fixtures are very high quality and well made with that said i bought to early in the LED market. My fixture's had no moon lights or UV and no optics but his new fixture's 20k are really nice. I am an old MH dog and will always want them on my builds....but i also like some of the stuff that comes with LEDs.
Yes i would like to drill out for the Kessels in my fixture and no canopy all fixtures will be free hanging. I am looking to design with help(i am a newbe in this field) a custom fixture that will give me quality,color, and control. I would like the fixture control box to be just as killer as light itself.

Be careful with MH and LED's, Heat is a killer for LED's and MH put off a lot of heat. That is one reason why companies are not mixing the two.

Be careful with MH and LED's, Heat is a killer for LED's and MH put off a lot of heat. That is one reason why companies are not mixing the two.

Thank you pyton and agree about heat and LEDs. I have a two speed window cooler 8' away from tank that pulls in outside air untill it gets to hot to use. Then i have an 6" x 12" ac vent centered on tank for summer time this is why i am hanging all fixtures for ventilation.

Back