90G build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitbulldrummer

I just recently picked up a used 90G tank with a beautiful oak stand and canopy. I am upgrading from my 3yr old 29g nitrate factory!I have a 55g that has been baffled for a sump with a refugium, bubble trap, skimmer section, and return section. I bought a reef octopus extreme 200 skimmer. For lighting I purchased two 48" Coralife compact retrofits for a total of 520W. I will be housing softies lps and fish, no sps. I am going to use the "beananimal" drain system drilling for three 1.5" bulkheads with a coast to coast overflow that Im building with a single piece of glass from the back of the tank to just above the bottom of the top trim, forming a V shaped overflow prob 48"by6? or somthing like that. Ok so the sump will be in the basement underneath the upstairs display, so I figure Ill need from 12-16ft of head. What kind of gph do I want coming in? I plan on bringing the returns up and over the back of the tank and using siphon breaks just below the water line. I need some reccomendations on what kind of pump i will need for this setup?? Any suggestions or info would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks all.

that skimmer is a beast i had a 250 on my 210g reef and it was almost too good. i noticed when i switched to it my zoa population slowed down alot. ( they loved dirty water)

i would go with a reeflo hamerhead or dart both are awesome pumps i have a dart myself and a snapper i loved they are really quiet as well

http://www.reeflopumps.com/

Back