A cool new feature for us to try out!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
I will make this thread a sticky for now. :)

Well, seeing I was referred to as a girl here a few times :lol: it got me to thinking a bit of a way we could display our personal picture here under our profile, but still have the ability to use a custom avitar. I talked it over with Scooty, and we have the option here which he enabled today to see how well it will work out. It may be temporary, it may not...It all depends on how well the server handles all the new pictures (depending on who all adds them).

So here's how it works...If you were to click on my username now and select to view my profile, it will take you to my profile page and at the top left, you will see a picture of me that I added. However, if you were to go on any thread I posted on, you will see my regular custom avitar of the ocean here. I think it would be a really cool feature so we can know exactly who we are talking to especially when referring to one another on posts as "he" or "she" as to not get confused. I mean, I have nothing against girls, but don't want to be called one :p

So, here's how to add yours for those that want to...

First you click on user cp

Then you select "edit profile picture"

It will take you to this screen where you select "browse", find your file, upload it then save it.

Then from there, whenever you visit someones profile page, it will look like this. :)

LOL!!! Man, Sid was the first to refer to me as a girl here and I had to start a thread to explain to everyone that I was not a girl!! :lol: Guess the name throws people off LOL!

Face book now, you can make a comment on a thread or click the facebook icon to leave a facebook post on that user!

Scooterman, can you explain the Face Book thing? Is Reef Frontiers going to have a presence on Face Book, in the form of it's own FB Page?

No, this is for you to copy a post to your FB page, maybe later we can look into a RF FB page! :D

Back