• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

A little on what we have planned

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
At Oceans by Design, our overall concept is to make this store a full service location built on the needs and desires of the community and customer base we have. You name it and we will do our best to make it happen.
With a 4000 square foot store located just a few blocks south of South Center, we plan on making it a true community store. We will work with a variety of local clubs for meetings along with bringing in speakers, doing workshops and education talks on topics chosen, in part by suggestions from our customers. The store will have a fully equipped 1500 square foot shop. We will build just about anything to suit and do our best to help out local reefers keepers that have their own equipment that might need a tweak or two.

LIST OF SERVICES
· Comprehensive system design service
· Custom sized glass aquariums
· Complete filtration systems
· Wood cabinetry
· Steel stands
· All types of lighting
· Dry goods
· Livestock
· Website for online purchasing and information
· Maintenance
·

Comprehensive system design service
We will design anything from a simple aquarium for you to set up yourself to your complete dream system installed and set up for you. We can perform in-home consultations to fine tune your wants and needs and develop a plan on paper before anything goes into production. Reef aquariums can be very complicated beasts. We are here to help tame the beast and make it friendlier for the average person, or if you simply want to stop by and run your own plan past a second set of eyes.
Custom glass aquarium building
We will build to fit your home so you don’t have to settle for the standard sizes available through most sources. We use high quality clear annealed glass and offer a Starphire option. Other glass types or options are available as well.
Oceans by Design branded Signature Filtration System
The system is based on proven sciences and all items are all built to be simple, clean and plug & play with modularization in mind.
  • Cell cast acrylic sump complete with baffles, probes holder and filter sock holder
  • Air stone Protein Skimmer with Alita air pump
  • Fluidized Pellet Reactor
  • Carbon Reactor
  • Fluidized GFO reactor
  • Kalk Reactor with mechanical continuous stirrer

Cabinetry
We will offer a full line of cabinets by local craftsmen from the typical modest models to pieces of furniture designed to fit your home and your style. These can be built from common woods to the very exotics. Steel stands will also be available built to suit.
LED lighting
We have designed and are having built our own line of LED's. These were developed to bring affordable LED lighting to the average reef keeper while using high quality parts. This means we are able to offer twice the power at a fraction of the cost. As always, we are trying to make the hobby a little more affordable so you can get the quality you want without breaking the bank. Of course all Metal Halide and Fluorescent options will be available as well.
Dry Goods
We will have a complete line of dry goods, lighting, equipment, and additives to serve all your needs.
Livestock
We will carry a wide variety of corals from the high end to the easier to care for species in multiple sizes and for all reef aquariums. We will also have a complete stock of fish from the rare to the schooling varieties to satisfy the hardest to please collector.
Website
There will be a full website offering all things for reefing and fish keeping.
Maintenance
We are offering a full service maintenance branch to either fully maintain systems or to give the occasional visit to bring your system back to where it needs to be as well as vacation services.

I'm excited that this is the venture you were talking about. I feel you guys will be able to offer a lot that others can not...... Hopefully this helps us nano guys to, not Just giant tankers. Lol

HTC EVO

i have personally seen the led unit they will be selling verry nice and so cheap. will be picking up 2 in a couple weeks. also are adrino controllable unlike the market ones. and can be daisy chained also verry nice for multiple units. its like a diy without the price.

Do we have to wait for opening day to see your AIO sump design??? Or can we get a sneek peek??
Do the reactors work off the return pump with a manifold??? How big is the sump?? Can the skimmer be converted into a NW pump?

Dave,

I can hear your DIY mind going a mile a minute (with excitement)...LOL LOL

i have personally seen the led unit they will be selling verry nice

Should be sooner then that !!! I think folks will really like those LED's, 72 three watt Cree's (two channel dimmers) with a perfect blend of Blue, Royal Blue, White, Cyan, and Violet all done up in 6 clusters of 12 (so no dancing on the bottom) and in a nice black fixture with a hanging kit included????? Can we say twice the power at almost half the price??? :rockon::party:

I'm so glad I have waited to purchase a LED unit now I get to support another local shop and am able to see it up close and personal!!!

Somebody somewhere wanted a sneak peak......

OBD-Signiture-Series-Protien-skimmer-detail-lg_zps05f03d7e.gif

Im also on the waiting list for the 6 cluster x72 3w light! Have seen an earlier model prototype. These led's fixtures in my opinion will be the best fixture for the money in most likely the whole country. I really respect what the folks behind this company are offering in terms of delivering affordable quality.

i know im all excited. they gonna be putting peeps outta business for sure. or they will have to lower there prices and step up there game.:smokin:

Back