A little thought..my tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ATP123

Huh?
Its been in my head for a while, but still haven't figured it out.

Next summer, I'll be leaving this country for two months going back to Malaysia. Everyone in my family will be going back. The cat will go to a cat hotel:lol:, but I'm not sure about my tanks:(

125g reef + 120g reef + 55g goldfish. I dont really want to give this hobby up, but how do you guys that have traveled do it??

All of my fishes eat pellets regularly so I could use an auto feeder for that. I could make a huge ATO container (rubbermaid). I have a CA reactor just need to set that up.

I'm worried about ph drop, but could I leave a few powerheads and put in kalkswasser in the ATO contianer? I also havent figured out about the skimmer and I dont feel to confident leaving the tanks untouched for two months.

Any ideas?

Ask someone on here to come over once a week and do a partial change of the tanks water and then fill the ATO for you. Alot of people do that. Heck I would be willing to do it for some fuel compensation.

Contact Barrier or ARSA and have them come do weekly maintenance on it. It's like $75 a trip but well worth it in my opinion. You could always ask them to customize a plan for you. Just a thought

Barrier is pricy, i would find someone here that you can trust and have them help you out, or find a couple people that can trade off weeks, just an idea but cheaper than paying for them to come over and change the water at $75 a time... let me know if i can help out at all

Barrier is pricy, i would find someone here that you can trust and have them help you out, or find a couple people that can trade off weeks, just an idea but cheaper than paying for them to come over and change the water at $75 a time... let me know if i can help out at all

in my opinion, i would pay the price. they have the tools, equipment and knowledge to correct anything that went wrong while your away. what's $75.00 compared to $10,000 worth of livestock?

in my opinion, i would pay the price. they have the tools, equipment and knowledge to correct anything that went wrong while your away. what's $75.00 compared to $10,000 worth of livestock?

I agree with this 100% price if something goes wrong they will know how to fix it either shop will. even @ 75 bucks to a 1000 is worth it in my eyes. 2 months with an auto feeder who will replce don't they go for 7 days only?

+1 BR

I agree with this 100% price if something goes wrong they will know how to fix it either shop will. even @ 75 bucks to a 1000 is worth it in my eyes. 2 months with an auto feeder who will replce don't they go for 7 days only?

Although I am sure there are many members who would be willing to help out, ( i have found many awesome people in this community), a place like BR is probably licensed and bonded so IF something wierd happens there is recourse, as opposed to a very distraught RF member feeling terrible if something went wrong. Ask any prof contractor on the forum, its all about license and bonded, you pay for peace of mind.
Just my 2 cents.
Ichthys

PS I thought about this some more, if someone like Roscoe asked me to take care of his tank for a month and something happened and it crashed, I would feel so incredibly awful!! Don't think I would be willing to take that kind of responsibility... of course there are members here with much more knowledge than I, and I am sure they could probably handle anything that arose, all in all, I would still go with BR.

i heard $75.00 per hour,,not $75.00 per trip and i don't think they are resposible for any of your live stock example:if your fish die,no body does
good luck find the tank sitter.
just read the tread,two months away is a long long time .

Last edited:
find someone local u can trust and pay them... its worth a lot to me

Back