A small problem...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

immedicatdru2

Well, because of this problem I have I tend to get discouraged easily but actually give up far less often. I had an extreme hair algae/ cyano problem for a while but I think I've found a solution. I got some blue legs and nassarius snails and in a short time have eradicated probably 85% of that problem. Unfortunately I live in Alabama (nobody laugh) where the reef hobby is almost non existant. Because of my purchase I now have some snails, crabs, a brittle star and a few fish; not leaving $$ room to get anything else so I may be stuck with a pretty boring tank for a good while. The good news is I still have a tank. When I bought this house, moving the aquarium started smooth and turned into a disaster. I was doing good with about 12 different zoos, most starting from a single, some stars, two xenia, a 4 head torch that was 1, a couple of acraporas, some mushrooms (red, green, blue and violet), several richordea, a rose bubbletip that had just split into 6, a nice selection of fish and 2 mating pairs of shrimp. We started moving on the morning of the first day and all went well. Then on the second day, the temperature dropped from mid 60's to around 30 by lunch and mid 20's by sundown. Everything that could have went wrong, did. Over the next week I lost everything but a few crabs, snails and 3 fish. I think that's a pretty good reason to get discouraged. I still have my head in it, though. The closest fish store that carries anything related to saltwater beyond a book is like 2 hours away or the next state so I'm looking at doing a majority of my shopping on line. Any sudgestions or "stay away froms" would be greately appreciated.

I have alot of reading to catch up on here and I really appreciate all the words of support that I have gotten in the past. Thanks again all,
Steven

Honestly, I have had great luck with Drs. Foster and Smith. Their customer service has been excellent and their fish are very nice. I haven't bought corals from them but the do alot of captive grown and aquacultured, not to mention tank bred fish. Their livestock web site is liveaquaria.com.

I have a going out of business sale right now. Everything I have is priced to move as quickly as possible. Livestock shipping is FedEx Overnight for a flat-rate of $49.95. No hidden fees or box charges. Order 1 or 20 pieces, it all ships for the same price.

http://www.russellaquaculture.com

Back