Acro-Cal Calcium Reactor???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It depends upon the coral load in your 75..... I wouldn't bother with it, but that's my opinion. :)

I believe you could do better with regular water changes (where you have supplenemted the water), and Kalk. Eventually a 2 part system for dosing cal & alk, along with Mag, would be very cost effective. Remember that with a reactor you have to buy a regulator ($80+), the bottle ($50+), a feed pump ($15+), media ($30 per container) and CO2. YRMV> :)
D

im starting to have a pretty heavy sps load and im doing the two part dose and im thinking of spending some money on a reactor i know their expensive but im gonna need one in a few
It depends upon the coral load in your 75..... I wouldn't bother with it, but that's my opinion. :)

I believe you could do better with regular water changes (where you have supplenemted the water), and Kalk. Eventually a 2 part system for dosing cal & alk, along with Mag, would be very cost effective. Remember that with a reactor you have to buy a regulator ($80+), the bottle ($50+), a feed pump ($15+), media ($30 per container) and CO2. YRMV> :)
D

Ok. How much of each of the 2part are you having to dose to keep your CA/Alk at your desired levels? Daily/weekly?

I do not have firsthand knowledge of that reactor, but it looks like it should do the job for a system of your size. I would be inclined to get the largest reactor cannister that you can fit in the space available. That way you won't have to mess with changing media as often & the associated dial-in. I have used as small as 2 water filter cartridges on a 150g, which had to be changed every 3 months or so with a medium CA load. A bit of a pain, but the whole deal fit (with sump, pumps, etc.) into a REALLY small stand.

In this case, bigger is better IMHO.
D

Back