acrylic scratch removel

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

keener1830

lawnmower
OK so I have undertaken getting the front of another acrylic clean. I have sanded it down to 2400 grit and was wondering if I could use just Novas from this point forward to finish the project? Thanks for any help

I wouldnt use novus. Cheap turtle wax rubbing compound in the white plastic can with a fake wool buffer on a drill or real buffer works great.

Don

Frankie, I am doing the method you told me about I wish I had a good corded drill at this point as I just used up two 18v batteries in about 10 min but starting to look alot better thanks for the help.

so the various methods that are being described here, can they be used underwater?? if not, what treatements CAN be used underwater?

Novus cant be used underwater. I know there is a micro-mesh polishing kit that can be used under water. I dont know how well it works. But I have been thinking of trying it.

Micro-Mesh works great, but is a lot of effort. It is the only thing for underwater use. Start with their 6000, and see where your at. If you start too coarse, you'll be in for a major effort. Best of luck, JPG

Back