Adding a Clown To my tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

goinpronhl9

I just upgraded to a 75gal FOWLR and have a 55 gal system with a fp clown thats about a year old and various other damsels (I know damsels are horrible fish but somehow my community gets along). My question is this... when i move to my new 75 gal tank would it be a horrible idea to buy a new fp and add him into the mix. Ive heard with clowns you need to have 1 or 3 or more not two. Is this true? If anyone has any advice i'd love to hear it thanks!

I have two in my 55 gal and they do fine. They are always together although one is the dominate one. I did buy them together though.

Get two that are a good difference in size and you should be fine. They might even pair up on you.

I guess its cause when there are two clownfish they tend to mate. you should add one small and one medium.
:)

At my LFS, she had two clowns in a tank and one was small and one was a fair amount larger and the smaller one was the dominate one...it was weird.

I have a 60 gal reef tank, I started with one black and white false percula and liked him so much I bought a second a few months later. They hang out all day and at night they go to the upper right hand corner of my tank and just hover in place.

i was gonna get another clown for nemo to make nemos wife....

but Im not sure yet....

Back