mollies X 2 plus some fry
clowns x 5
chromis x 3
yellow coral goby
scissortail goby
yellow watchman goby
snails
hemit crabs

Not sure if I can have pairs of gobies in the tank. By the way the yellow coral goby is eating fine. I think he needed time to adjust to his new home. Please help me with any information that may help. It's a 2 hour drive to pick them up. Thanks

Speaking in generalities only:

The chromis do best when in groups of 5. In this number, seems to keep bickering to the point where no one of them suffers too much.

Most gobies like 'floor space.' Your floor space or tank bottom is pretty well occupied. If the anemonefish are coupled or likely to form a pair, they will likely stake out a claim to some bottom space too.

Take a look at your tank bottom. Do you see any square foot of space not claimed or 'occupied' by a fish? How many such square feet do you see?

If you see more than a square foot of unoccupied tank bottom, you can pick one of the gobies to add. But, if you have clowns of the same species that may form a couple, subtract a square foot from what you see to reserve it for them.

Gobies don't get along with their same species, in general. Keep them different (and even then some won't like their neighbors).

That would be my recommendation. ;)

I'd consider getting rid of all the hermit crabs. With fish that like to 'sit' having crabs is asking them to behave themselves more then Nature will allow them to. :D

Last edited:
Back