"Aiptasia" Boiling Water My Successfull Removal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dps713

About 30 of these bad boy started showing up in my saltwater sump & aquarium (sizes range from 1/8" - 2") . So I did some research on how to remove them most of the research pointed to chemical removal, I didn't really want to do that. So I was thinking and come up with the idea of "Boiling Hot Water" so I got out my faithful 30cc syringe, boiled some ro-water in the microwave then filled my syringe with the hot water and proceeded to blast those bad boy right in the kisser "mouth". There all dead and gone!! Every now in then one will pop up......Well you know!! BAM!!!:clap2:

yup..i use boiling water and to be sure add a pinch of vinegar in the syringe. :)

Nice , just what I need to blast a few of those away, cheap solution I was thinking of getting a copper band butterfly fish, but this is an easy fix, thanks sps713

About 30 of these bad boy started showing up in my saltwater sump & aquarium (sizes range from 1/8" - 2") . So I did some research on how to remove them most of the research pointed to chemical removal, I didn't really want to do that. So I was thinking and come up with the idea of "Boiling Hot Water" so I got out my faithful 30cc syringe, boiled some ro-water in the microwave then filled my syringe with the hot water and proceeded to blast those bad boy right in the kisser "mouth". There all dead and gone!! Every now in then one will pop up......Well you know!! BAM!!!:clap2:
Yes indeed, an old tried and true method. Lemon Juice is another. On some of the more stubborn ones or Majanos you may have to go with Joes' Juice.

LOL your funny Earl, hey good news tomorrow is the big day, i will be testing for water leaks on 180, finally will be up and running, hopefully everything is good, will run with tap water to test and if it holds will start mixing probably next friday, thats when i get salt from BRA sale, im so excited, hey send me your e-mail to send you pic's and you need to send me some pic's of your new set up, one of these days i will try to post pic's on site, still learning on how to post pic's, later mr Earl

Never heard of those-is this a joke?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Psilocybin Mushrooms

mushrooms_summary1.jpg

BOTANICAL CLASSIFICATION
Family :
Strophariaceae

Genus :
Psilocybe

Species :
cubensis; cyanescens; semilanceata; ...

Genus :
Panaeolus

Species :
campanulatus; subbalteatus; ...

COMMON NAMES
Shrooms; Magic Mushrooms; Sacred Mushrooms; teonanácatl
EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION
Psychedelic
DESCRIPTION
There are more than 180 species of mushrooms which contain the psychedelic chemicals psilocybin or psilocin. They have a long history of use in Mexico and are currently one of the most popular and commonly available natural psychedelics.

I never condone killing anything in the tank with the exception of the Aiptasia and Majano as they are destructive.

Yeah well these shrooms are killing my zoa's, my sun coral and anything else they come into contact with. If that isn't destructive I don't know what it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Be careful when boiling aipitasia from a rock. Sometimes the rock can release gass that can make you sick. Do it in a well ventilated place.

Back