Aiptasia on zoo's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
I have noticed several aiptasia on my biggest rock of zooanthids. I poked them and the sucked back in so I'm pretty sure that's what these are. I have had a few others in various different locations before. Anyway, can I squirt those little devils with aiptasia medication (Blue Vet aiptasia control) without harming the zoo's???
:eek:

I've actually killed my fair share that were growing in the sides of my zoos :eek:

With that kinda small area ultra careful killing I use the pickling line needle and syringe technique (or kalkwasser) and poke the lil devils and fill them with juice. Always good success! No losses in my zoos to date.

Yes, these are actually in between the polyps. Trying to fake their way as a dead polyp, lol. Thanks, I will go at em'!!!
:evil:

I've actually killed my fair share that were growing in the sides of my zoos :eek:

With that kinda small area ultra careful killing I use the pickling line needle and syringe technique (or kalkwasser) and poke the lil devils and fill them with juice. Always good success! No losses in my zoos to date.

Well, I was able to get all the aiptasia but a few of my zoo polyps were sacraficed in the process. Don't know if they come back or not (?). The last two weeks, everything in my tank looked like crap. I tested my salinity level yesterday and it was 1.019 :shock:. I've never had this happen before. I am slowly bringing it back up. Hope everyone makes it. Another valuable (not to mention, expensive) lesson learned. This constant learning curve is about to drive me off the road!!!
:oops:

Back