Aiptasia to peppermint shrimp or not to peppermint shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow
I thought these little flower thingys were so cool. DUH. SO I have four aiptasias now. DO I get peppermint shrimp? Do i treat with boiled water. Do I buy some stuff and spray em. They are pretty close to my frogspawn and my hammerhead coral and now there only use to be one. But like I said there are four now. By the way you may remember my bout wit ich a couple of weeks back Like three and it seems to have gone away . Everythin g seems to be doing very well now. and I am convinced the way to keep ich out is qt. DO I need to qt a peppermint shrimp? Thanks folks

They say peppermint shrimp, copperband butterfly's etc are hit and miss so it is a chance you'll have to decide if you want to take. It may be easier to just inject them if there are only just four there and do it quickly because they spread pretty quickly! Good luck! :)

peppermint

i actually think quite highly of peppermint shrimp. the only downfall is that after the apps are all gone the get kinda aggressive for food and will steal from your corals and of course would be difficult to get out. but all not just some but all peppermint shrimps that i have put in my nanos get the job done alot better the kalk paste.

The problem with Kalkpaste, boiling water, joes juice is that small pieces fall off and spread the nasty little things. I think using peppermint shrimp and the other things together is the best approach.

peppermints work great at getting rid of them...and then they get expensive taste and start eating your acans and then you have to trap them and eat them :)

I tried kalk..never spent the money on joes.. and then I bought some peppermints... the shrimp worked great... But.. I have a medium pistol... he likes shrimp too...

Go for the peppermints

I have a new aprouch I had one in my tank. Its long gone now but what I did was I took the live rock out with him on it and took a lighter to him for a minute and a half. Then brushed the rock clean of ashes and he never came back or multiplied.

I use 1 ml of vinegar in a syringe injected directly into the little guys and that has worked every time for the aiptasia. Vinegar is a weak acid and has some beneficial aspects when added like this.

Last edited:
ive tried all the above....

it all works... they will come back.

just dont do em all at once,

Back