Air Volume via Needlewheel Pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bishop

What volume of air (SCFH, SCFM, lph, etc...) are people measuring from their needlewheel skimmer pumps?

Yeah, he's using a sweetwater or something to supplement the air input. I'm looking for smaller pumps.. Gen-X, Sedra, Ocean Runner, etc...

I've been running a GX2400 for about a week or more on a skimmer I made. I honestly have no clue just how much air it draws, but it's quite a bit. I like the venturi that it comes with.

I should say - not the cap shaped gizmo that sticks to the inlet, but the actual "venturi" that the new ones come with.
gx2400venturi.JPG

Last edited:
SCFH, SCFM, LPH, CFM... There are so many units and I havent found conversion charts for them.

That asside the amount of air a venturi or airpump pulls or pushes is directly influenced by the amount of preassure in their application.

With an in-sump Venturi it can vary depending on your sump level. With Airpumps it varies by how tall your skimmer is..

Does anyone have a flow meter who has measured their skimmer before?

http://onlineconversions.com

jlehigh said:
SCFH, SCFM, LPH, CFM... There are so many units and I havent found conversion charts for them.

That asside the amount of air a venturi or airpump pulls or pushes is directly influenced by the amount of preassure in their application.

With an in-sump Venturi it can vary depending on your sump level. With Airpumps it varies by how tall your skimmer is..

Does anyone have a flow meter who has measured their skimmer before?

Back