algae scraper freaks out fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

syddakyd

does anyone else have fish that freak out when you use the magnetic algae scraper on the glass? i have to use it....but how can i make fish less panicky...or is it a thing they do until they settle in

does anyone else have fish that freak out when you use the magnetic algae scraper on the glass? i have to use it....but how can i make fish less panicky...or is it a thing they do until they settle in

They should settle down after awhile, getting used to it. Do they dart all over the tank, running in to stuff?

i dont use the magnet i use the kent scraper of death (i call it)

when i put it in, they swim around it checking it out,

i just have to be sure to iD the postion of the snails.
Thos the name "Kents algae scrapper of death"

the add should go like this

" have snails that you really like? No problem, with the kent algae death scraper its as eazy as 1 2 3, insert scrape dead"

little disclamer "not responabul for the death or your snails"

When I used it on my 75gal, my fish were fine...Nothing to talk about at all. Now with my acrylic tank, I have to put my whole arm down in there with a soft cloth and it doesn't bother the fish either. Some fish are more timid than others, but in any event, once they get use to you, usually most fish will be fine:)

I have big fish in my tank and they freak out when they see it. You should see my tank when i clean the glass it is full of sand getting kicked up from my porkfish freaking out! None of my fish ever got used to it and i leav it in the tank all the time.

my hippo's always freak out when i use the magnet...i don't think they will ever get used to it!!

Give your fish something to look forward to. Try running your mag float only before they get fed. In a few months they will start to respond like starving puppies.

Don

Mine attack mine!

Hey syddakyd your lucky I have a Powder blue Tang, a Large very mean Female tomato clown and lastly My Atlantic Tang will go after and attack my Kent scrapper and my Magnetic scraper as well I do have some that dive for cover a 9 " Hippo Tang of mine is a big sissy :p
So you get to see it all I have learned to go very slow when they are real mad and they usually calm down

I would love to paint a pic of a blue tang on my magnet just to watch my BT flip out as i went back and forth across the glass.

Back