Am I doing something wrong?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok I recently set up a 10 gal to just be a copepod breeder. There is a heater in with temp at about 78 and an airstone, about 5 pounds of LR and 10 of LS. There is no light besides what naturally enters the room. I feed about a few times a week with phytoplex. I put in a bottle of tiggerpods and am thinking about adding some other pods at some time. Well I haven't been noticing anyone in there moving around. Am I missing something or did I do something wrong? Please let me know any thoughts about it.

Ok I recently set up a 10 gal to just be a copepod breeder. There is a heater in with temp at about 78 and an airstone, about 5 pounds of LR and 10 of LS. There is no light besides what naturally enters the room. I feed about a few times a week with phytoplex. I put in a bottle of tiggerpods and am thinking about adding some other pods at some time. Well I haven't been noticing anyone in there moving around. Am I missing something or did I do something wrong? Please let me know any thoughts about it.

Tigger pods are a little bit harder to see due to them being red vs white. After the lights have been off for an hour, put a flashlight on the side of the tank and then come back a half hour later. If they are alive, they will be on the glass right in front of the flashlight.

More info can be found here. http://www.oceanpods.com/faq.html#tips

This advice goes for all tigger pods. Dr. Rhodes (who is a sponsor of RF) developed Tigger Pods for Reed Mariculture/Reef Nutrition before going it alone with her own company. She has a forum here. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Last edited:
from what i understand tigger pods(tigerpods) are a temperate species and there for would need to be cooler then 78 degrees. i would also look into feeding a higer grade phytoplankton. phytoplex is kent's brand right??? if it is that stuff is garbage compared to some of the other brands.

Back