amp master question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

loohunter

Fish lover
i have an amp master 3000 on one of my closed loops. and in am getting micro bubble like crazy. i have been working and reading like crazy to rid them. i have done all the suggestions: i have piled on massive amounts of pvc glue on every joint and so on and so on. so my question is if the seals are bad in my pump will the pump leak water or could it just be sucking air causing my bubbles. is there a way to test if they are bad. has anyone experinced these problems with these pumps specifically.:confused:

Is this a new CL set-up? Or have you been running it a while and the micro bubbles are a new occurance.

Having fought microbubbles on my own closed loop (turned out I had a bad impeller) one of the things I read recently that I had not seen before is that if you do not have enough back pressure on the outlet side of your CL can cause cavitation which causes bubbles. I read about this in one of my fish magazines, the solution was to add a valve to the outlet side so that you could close it down to increase the back pressure on the pump.

Hope you can figure this out, it can be a very frustrating experience! I actually ditched my entire plumbing set-up and re-did it once with little improvement and then finally switched pumps. I then tried to use the first pump (mag 24) as a return and my bubble problem returned, I took the pump apart and the ceramic shafts on the impeller was broken, replacing the impeller fixed the bubble problem and made the pump much quieter!!

i read your thread up and down i tried every thing that was recomended to you, i worked on this all weekend. first reply to my thread, a brand new idea and bam! no more bubbles. thank you so much. i can't even explain how releived iam

WOW!! I helped somebody!!

I am so glad this worked! Now we have another thread to help the next person with this problem!

i can't believe it. i never would have thought of this. it didn't even restrict the flow through the pump. for the first time my tank is clear. thanks again

ya.... new setup's new filters, skimmer power heads, overflows. plumbing..... anything new added will give ya some micro bubbles.... powerheads and pumbs the most....

its cool.... Micro bubbles dont hurt,

Back