..and another angelfish in QT

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NC2WA

5 inch Queen angelfish adult from DiversDen arrived on Saturday.

is already eating mysis shrimp and Rods food...I am please!!

here is a video of it...will be in QT for a minimum of 2 wks..

Queen angel - YouTube

lorrie,

thanks..

i am going to buy a flip scraper so i can remove the coralline algae that is on the front glass, then i will take a video....

I might be buying a GoPro so might get some underwater shots....

Same here! I had gotten the large one and it didn't work for me on thinner glass either. they may have gotten better over the past couple years. IDK The magnet just wasn't strong enough.

well crap...I just ordered one...I will see how it does....who knows I may be giving it away myself as I already have a Great White Shark that does a good job for basic cleaning, but does NOT handle thick coralline algae well. (part of this is mia culpa as I let it get away).

well crap...I just ordered one...I will see how it does....who knows I may be giving it away myself as I already have a Great White Shark that does a good job for basic cleaning, but does NOT handle thick coralline algae well. (part of this is mia culpa as I let it get away).

I bought mine from dolphinlvr, then found out he sold it because it didn't work on 1/2" thick. I too have 1/2" thick on my AGA 180. He had received a new magnet for it, didn't help. I tried stacking the two magnets outside, still no good. I view them as a scam. Try to return it unopened.

As to thick coralline, chip away on it with a single edged razor blade or sharp stainless scraper. Time to go tank diving ;)

Never use metal on acrylic...former acrylic owner.

tank is acrylic, don't think these options will work, or will they ?

I found that Kent Pro acrylic scrapers worked well If blades were kept sharpend with very fine sandpaper and the longer handles enabled better leverage. You can use the flip but use a stronger magnet from the Shark set you have in addition to sanding the blades for better edge. Even new they arent sharp enough.

There's no replacement for old fashioned elbo grease...chuckle.:becky::becky:

Back