Anemone question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JRBear5658

will my true percs try host a mojan/ tulip anemone if i place it in my tank?

I dont want them to because they will just kill it since they are gettting bigger

JR

The clown will most likely ignore the fact it's even there. As for the anemone, if Majano, I would remove it at your earliest convenience. The longer you keep it the more likely for it to spread and become a problem. Depends on available food supply really.

Not to offend but are you sure it is a Majano? :confused:

Cheers
Steve

they have been selling those so called tulip anenomes on ebay for a while now I am sure this has caused many a reef keeper many a problem I would throw that thing in the can because if you try to flush it , it might start to multiply lol just make sure it is a majano before you do. if you want any more I am sure I can find some to donate

Majano are a small anemone that doesnt host clowns and will spread rapidly in reef tanks. The problem with this is that they have a powerful sting and usually kill other corals nearby. With their rapid reproductive rate this will lead to a tank full of Majano's and nothing else.

Nick

Well, now that we are on the subject of getting rid of them, This is a couple things that have worked great for me, even on larg Aptaisia!!!

Their both easy to Kill! you can use one product by kent marine: Lliquid calcium, when it's time to dose some calcium just put 5ml. to 10ml. in a syringe and let em have it!!!! Your calcium goes up, your majano's/Aiptaisa DIE!!!
Or another product by Seachem: Reef Carbonate, same as above.. It is reccommend that you have the appropiate test kits for both Ca. and Alk. and Ph. I use the amount specified by the directions for my tank..
It may take a couple rounds with a good size aiptasia!

Back