Anemone question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TinaPerry

I have a Green Neon bubble tip anemone and since I brought it home it hides...I mean crawled into a hole in the rock and hides.......It, on some occasions, shrinks down to almost nothing then reswells up....However, it doesn't seem to get all its color back...I don't understand if something is wrong or not?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance..............

Need to know about tank, size, lighting, water paramaters and how long has it been set up, ect

Was wondering about that as well.... I have a Condlactis anemone that doesnt hide but at night will shrink down to about the size between a quarter and a half dollar size. During the day after about 2 hrs worth of light his base or foot increases to about 2 in in diameter and his tentacles extend to about 6 inches.

here is a daytime image
Clark.jpg

I understand where your question comes from and hopefully someone here will be able to help.... I am waiting to see the answer as well.

Ynot

It's a 30 Gallon Bow front tank and set up for about 2 months now....but most live rock and items 3 yrs old but C.C. is only about 3 months......Lighting is 250w Metal Halide...All my water reading are within specs..........as too having a good reading everyone month....

Still need to know water parameters. Anemones need a well established tank. It is generally recommended to not add one until a year or more after your tank has been set up. They are very demanding on water quality. Your set up is way too new to keep one very long. Would need your water parameters to try and help more.

It's very normal for a bubbletip to disappear into the rockwork when newly introduced, the light might be a little intense if it was an upgrade from his previous residence, he'll get used to that eventually and should start extending further...

It's very normal for a bubbletip to disappear into the rockwork when newly introduced, the light might be a little intense if it was an upgrade from his previous residence, he'll get used to that eventually and should start extending further...

Hello all... newbie to RF here. I agree with Jobiwan. Mine hid for a while and shrank up for the first few weeks in my established tank. It started to extend more and more and now he extends fully during the light hours, and minimally during the night cycle. It also seemed to do better after my clown also hosted with it :D

Back