Anenome Missing?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Admiral Awesome

Ok, so i have a very healthy anenome. But when I got home from school today to look at my tank, he wasn't in his normal spot. So i looked around and he wasn't anywhere else. I took out every single rock in my biocube and he is nowhere. My tank is crystal clean and smells like salt. I don't know what heppened to it. He is so hard to find that my clownfish has now started to host my hammer coral (is that bad in anyway). Any ideas on what has happened or where it could have gone?

Mine disappeared on me one day. I am guessing that because I had moved a power head when I was cleaning it, not by much but must have been enough, that the anemone crawled up inside a hole in the rock. I didn't think it could fit in that hole. I couldn't find it for a while either, but I figured that's were it must be and sure enough, I moved the power head just a bit to back to where it was the day before and the next morning the anemone was back.
Did you change your flow at all or move the rock it was in?

Mine disappeared on me one day. I am guessing that because I had moved a power head when I was cleaning it, not by much but must have been enough, that the anemone crawled up inside a hole in the rock. I didn't think it could fit in that hole. I couldn't find it for a while either, but I figured that's were it must be and sure enough, I moved the power head just a bit to back to where it was the day before and the next morning the anemone was back.
Did you change your flow at all or move the rock it was in?

OK, so i dont know if you know the format of a biocube and how the first section of the filter has a floor above the floor. Well, there are grates on the botton part of the biocube that act as an intake, but that area is inexcessable except through those grates. When i was looking at my tank, i noticed a tenticle coming out. The anenome somehow got through the grate and into that compartment (its not a small anenome). I just got done cuttin him out, but goodness was that a scare.

Back