Angler fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I love the anglers look. In the words of my grandmother towards my Boston Terrier (Cupid). He's so ugly he's cute.

Is he eating yet? If so, what are you feeding him? How long have you had him?
Thanks

had him about 6 months can only get it to eat live food, a mate will catch live bait fish and then i throw a couple in he can eat about 6 fish in 2 days then he dosent get anything for a week or 2
when i put this fish in my tank i simply picked it up out of the bucket with hand and quiet often i will "scratch" his side and he seems to enjoy that

do u just feed them small little minows. Because for a month now there has been an angler sorta just like yours and no one has bought him probably because they cant see them haha. But just wondering how i would feed such an awsome fish

had him about 6 months can only get it to eat live food, a mate will catch live bait fish and then i throw a couple in he can eat about 6 fish in 2 days then he dosent get anything for a week or 2
when i put this fish in my tank i simply picked it up out of the bucket with hand and quiet often i will "scratch" his side and he seems to enjoy that

Cool, thanks. I had one that was eating frozen jrill and silversides but I think I fed him too often because he died.:mad:

maybe i should use my technical nifty feeding tongs aka bbq tongs thats never been used haha might have to try that with the lion fish too cause man buying live fish gets expensive lol

tong are wonderful things for creatures that would normaly only eat live. Thats what i use for my snakes i dangle the food in front of them, and wiggle it around a little more when they grab it they get a kick out of the fake live food they get! lol Got to keep it intersteiing ya know.

I think they are cute too! They remind me of lizards.

A face only a mother could love. There is an LFS here that usually has 3 or 4 anglers in at any one time. For a fish that doesn't move a lot, they're interesting to watch.

hey gotfish if you could pm me that lfs name unless you dont mind saying it here. I would like to know because they only have a white sragasmus angler at the one near me thanks.

they all ways have them a AP in those little tanks on top to the left of their frag rack/look down tank

Back