Another ID needed please.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IPisces

I was taking the rock with my big toadstool leather out to cut the leather up becuase it i getting too big again and found this thing in the sand under the rock. Hopefully its not harmful because its been in the tank for probably a couple years and I put it back after I got pics.

[video]http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/IPisces/1%20Videos/?action=view&current=Movie.mp4[/video]

Last edited:
couple pics here too
IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

I think we definitely need Leslie on this one. I to have some in my Live Rock, they're in burrows and the skinny patterned end comes out at night to probe around. Don't know if good or bad?

Cheers, Todd

Is the bulb at the end part of the worm?

It looks like a Peanut worm. These usually live inside the rock and just extend there "snout" out to eat detritus. If it is a Peanut worm, it is harmless.

I figured it had been in the tank for a long time and must not be too bad, so I had put it back in the tank right after taking pictures. It must have situated itself between the rock and the sand, becuase it was on top of the sand when I pulled the rock out.

Peanut worm aye!

Last edited:
oh, boy...just read that they can get up to a foot and a half long.
This one extended itself a good 3". Still a little guy!

+1 on the peanut. I have one that looks just like yours but I've never seen more than the black stripped part. Pretty cool to see the whole thing.

Back