Another SPS ID

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luke33

I have a few sps I'd like to ID. I have two of these. They are purple/blue bodies with huge polyp's all over them that are orangish rust. When i got them they were 1" but now they are 3" and growing fairly quick.

100_4229.jpg

This is a very smooth sps and I can't wait til its grown out. It has grown very little and is suppose to be super slow grower. I still think it will be a prize piece when it gets large.

100_4238.jpg

And i think is an ora tricolor. Its just very different than my other tricolor. But it would be nice to know for sure. Here's the one i don't know about and under it is the tricolor that is normal...i think : ) These two are growing like a weed!

100_4244.jpg

My "normal" tricolor
100_4091.jpg

Last one i think is a blue acro tennius (sp) Big polyps and very nice to look at.

100_4082.jpg

Thanks for the help!

I'll have my new camera for macro shots next mth, a nikon : ) The pics were taken with a kodac cam....so sorry! haha

The one that you think may be an ORA tri-color looks like an australian delicate to me. Just bought a nice piece of it myself....love the bright green polyps.

The first picture I have been trying to ID for the past 4 years or so. I can't find anything that looks like it and I have been through every photo in Veron's COW several times over that time.

Picture 3 & 4 are most likely Acropora valida.

Regards,
Kevin

Thanks everyone. Hopefully one day i'll know what that first one is. I guess it doesn't really matter as its a gorgeous piece. I'll get some macro pics of it in the next couple weeks and post them.

First one looks like an ORA Chips Acro (It's a very hairy tabling acro with purple tips and turqoise body (under high light) or tan body (under low light))
Third one looks like a tri-color or purple bonsai
Fourth one looks like a purple valida
Fifth one looks like a blue tenuis

Last edited:
Here's a few pics with the new camera of some random stuff. I'm starting to get better with the camera, it takes a bit.

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

RSCN0195.jpg

RSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

Back