Another SPS to id

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

seismic

Balaenoptera musculus
Kevin and all, whats this one below ??

acro7qg1.jpg

Another thing is, if you look carefully, to the left, there's a small part of the coral is white, its been like that for about a month now. Looks like some kinda growth...I hope its not stn or something...any idea what it is ?

I don't think this is hydnopora, the polyps look different. It does look like a very polyp-y acropora of some species. If you look at the polyp detail they appear to be round. The white area may just be where it was stung, I don't think it's stn. Can you get a closer pic??

I can't see it well enough to tell but it looks like an Acropora of some type. The white area could be a sponge, or like Sue says was stung by something. You could trim that area back or watch and see if the coral tissue begins to grow over it.
You might want to reach in and touch it so the polyps retract then take the picture. Often times seeing the skeletal structure can be a big help towards an ID.

Regards,
Kevin

if you can get a pic with the polyps withdrawn that would help the most. This looks too blury to see much. Just touch the coral and it will retract polyps, then get a clear pic and we'll tell you it's an acropora. J/K....

Back