antoher fish list

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Rock-N-Ruin

Northwest Aquatics
A customer wants to finally upgrade from a 55gal. to a 110 or 125, for more length for bigger fish, (tangs etc.) current fish are flame angle, 3 green chromis, 1 pair false perc's and one tang (tang is about 6") that is the reason I am pushing him to upgrade, because I am having keeping the nitrates under control. this thread is not about nutrient export! customers love to over feed also. bassically what I am looking for is a good list of fish for a tank this size per 100gal 5' tankand per 125gal 6' tank.. the chromis's can go of course, we will have about 100lbs live rock, and of course he likes his sand!!!!! Anyway if you could give some reccomendations toward fish that would be great.. Here's a hint: he wants big fish and we want to have it stay a reef, there are only a few corals in there now! thanks in advance. Jeff

it's a common old yellow tang, please keep in mind these fish aren't going to be watched like we watch our tanks (well by a trained eye anyway) he just says " I want big fish" I could do a fish only, but we already have corals and he likes them, bubble, metalic green brain, devils hand, zenia, and some shrooms... thanks for your quick response, NaH20 ya can see some of my pics on my webpage.. Thanks, Jeff

Hmmm...should probably put something not too delicate, if the tank won't be super watched. How about a tang from the Ctenochaetus genus....like a Kole Tang or Tomini Tang? If he does the 125 gallon, maybe a really small Hippo tang or one of the Ctenochaetus with a rabbitfish? If the chromis go, then perhaps a nice wrasse, or Midas blenny? Does he have any shrimp? If not, how about a hawkfish?

Of course, if overfeeding is a problem, then I'd try to keep the fish on the lighter side.

ya, he has a cleaner shrimp, and 2 pepermint shrimp, and really likes crabs and snails, so I can't have anything that will eat them.. I am thinking also some anthias, maybe 5 or 6 of course 1 male and the rest female.. kole tang sounds good, and also a hippo tang, do you think 3 would be to much, I've seen alot worse, I am also giving him prices on tanks ranging from 110gal 125gal, 135 gal, and ultimately a 180gal would be perfect. since he wants big fish, I was thinking those three tangs and maybe an emperor angle (I know their not reef safe, but he isn't really into corals that much, just inverts.
maybe a niger trigger, although he wants the prretty saltwater fish, you know lots of colors, foxface wabbit will be a good idea.

also what did ya think of my webpage, I've only been in this business for a year, and had the website up for a few months, it's a work in progress. and I am waiting on a friend to make me a banner so I can sponsor on this awsome site.... just some more info. I love setting up new tanks, if I knew how to post pics I would show ya my current setup, I spent the last 4 days redoing my sump and refuge like I said I was going to, I am very sore from spending that much time on my knees.. Thanks Nikki.. Regards, Jeff

Back