?: Any in the tank wet/dry mods

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bdogfish

Hello everybody, I have a simple question some might be able to answer. First let me say hello, I have been reef keeping ever since 1997. I have been out of the reef scene for about 2 years. I have kept softies for the most part and FOWLR tanks in the past. I am ready to get back into things.

I have a family now so I now try to keep things on a budget. I scored a 100 gal. with a built in wet dry. The tank is clean and I test ran it with water and all holds up. So I am itching to get back into it.

Questions:
1. Are there any mods that can be done with the wet/dry end of this set up?
2. Your input on what I plan to do with this setup.

I will replace bio-balls with LR ruble. I am also thinking of pluging the return manifold and drilling a 3/4 bulkhead in the center top and attaching lock line. The loc line will be in a Y pattern so that I can direct flow to both ends of the tank. Other than that I do not know what else I can do to it.
Keep in mind that I will only be setting this tank up with reef safe fish, LR, shrooms and ricordea's.

So any ideals please pass them along.

Thanks,
Beto

Is there a way to use a bulkhead and send the overflow into a sump?

Welcome to RF. Its nice to have another NorCal guy here.

wow great start i need a bigger tank...well on the subject I belive the best that i have found with the help of others on here is this.Water movement from one side to the other is best.I started with a americal wetdry took out the bios and added a devider to themiddle 1/2 sand and ruble grass light and the mag in the other end with sponge filter and twala away it went ...THE PICS SUCK BUT SOME IN MY GALLERY

If you used the built in wet/dry as an overflow, drop the water into a sump/fuge, have your return pump and skimmer below. Convert it to a reef ready tank.

I see what you guys are talking about. I do believe that water movement is important. I also see that a skimmer will help things also. I am not going to say that I do not want to go reef but for now I think I will go more fish with LR and some shrooms which are not a heavy light needers. In the future I plan on starting my dream tank, but for now I am limited to what I have on hand.
As for the picture here you go, not the best but shows the wet/dry part of the tank. Give it to me guys, all your inputs. Get me going on something good here, thanks..

now that i have seen it stuff it with grass and get some critters that love it and some sand at the bottom for the little critters to thrive and call it good for what u want for now will be good ...by the way who makes this set up ?

It's made by Sea Clear, it is model system II. Can you explain to me by what you mean by stuff it with grass. I included a picture of what the wet/dry part of this tank looks like. Keep in mind that it has two chambers of bio-balls and not one as shown. Picture will give a better ideal and some ideals as to what can be converted or mod back there.
Thanks....

Attachments

• allsystem2backs.jpg
    allsystem2backs.jpg
    31.9 KB
Back