Any thing new?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pnikiel

I sold my reef system a few years ago in order to weather the storm of the recession. Just couldn't afford to keep it going.

Probably a common story.

I'm ready to jump back now and I'm wondering if I've missed any new developments or product introductions that make it all easier. I was using a refugium with macro, a protein skimmer, some chemical filtration from time to time.

Is there anything new I should look at this time? A new cannister that would make it easier? A new filter medium?

I'll be starting from scratch so I want to do some research first.

Any info is gratefully accepted. :help:

Welcome back!!! :welcome:

From what I've seen over the past year, not too much has changed other than equipment getting better like better skimmers on the market, L.E.D lighting taking the place of Metal Halides, more economical powerheads producing flow like Tunze's etc. Other than that, seems like the same old thing. There is something called Zeovit that a few people are "involved with", but I haven't dug into it really to see what it is 100% about.

Good luck with the new setup! I've been without a tank for about 3 years now waiting to get back into again pretty soon. :)

Back