any tips on fragging a mini Maxi anemone?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

xxkenny90xx

I know there are some anemone addicts like me on here so here goes. I'm guessing it's like fragging a mushroom? Find the foot, pick at it until it releases, cut it in half (or quarters?) through the mouth/middle, put it in a cup with lr rubble and low flow for a week to heal and attach. How does that sound? Also, can this process be repeated for rock/flower anemones or are they not fraggable? Thanks

i am a mini maxi lover. i have fragged mine many times. so first you do have to get them off the rock. when you do. put them in a container with some iodion. i use brightwell aquatics. after a few minutes. take the mini maxi out of the water. pat with towel until the mini maxi is flat. take a razor blade and cut it in half. they say not to cut it more then half. after you cut it in half. put it back into the water with the iodion. let sit for a few minutes. then put back into tank with rubble rock in low flow. they do say you can frag them every few months. i wait until they are 3 to 4 inches. then frag them.

you can not cut rock flower anemones. they are a sexual. they spawn and spit out baby from there mouth. hope this helps you.

Well that could have gone better. I broke the rock in half to get to the foot and the nem ripped in half with the rock. I guess we'll see if they make it

Well that could have gone better. I broke the rock in half to get to the foot and the nem ripped in half with the rock. I guess we'll see if they make it

When I moved my big anemone from my 240 to a temporary tank, I must have ripped it, because a couple days later I noticed several small anemones and one medium anemone in the temp tank.
All seemed to pull through just fine, so hopefully yours will too.

That's a good sign mfinn, I'm always surprised at how resilient these things can be. so far they look ok besides being shriveled

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back