Anybody else from central,WA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fretbuzz520

Hello, new to the site. I never thought that I would be able to join in on a frag swap but it looks like there's quite a bunch of reefers over in the puget sound area. Being in wenatchee, right smack in the middle, I can either drive to moses lake to go to JJ's reef, or drive to seattle for stores. Or, from what I've been reading from you guys, there are also some in tri-cities. I guess I just wanted to see if anybody else on here lives in wenatchee or surrounding areas. I'm just trying to locate any other reefers who I could swap frags with or something. The only place for saltwater here is petco. It would be nice to have a local salt store where you could post frag swap invitations on a bulletin board or something, but that isn't the case.

Tri-cities

There is good-sized fairly active Saltwater aquarium club here in tri-cities, although our web site isn't very active. Here's the website: www.mcsac.org

My husband and I are in Richland and have a good selection of corals/frags that are currently overcrowding our tank (hense the current project of upgrading to a larger tank).

We don't have any LFS stores down here, there are a few pet stores that carry some salt water fish and a few corals. I've heard the LFS in Moses Lake is pretty nice, but we haven't made it up there yet. What sorts of corals/trades do you have or are you interested in? We come up to the Icicle Creek/Leavenworth area at least a couple times a year.

Wow, great to hear! I'm not sure which specimens I'm exactly interested in. I'm always open to mushrooms and zoanthids. I will have come down that way and I will definitely let you know how JJ's reef in moses lake is. I drove all the way there one day and it was closed, DON'T GO ON MONDAYS!! what a waste of gas. Its only about an hour and a half from where I am.

tri-cities

We have club meetings the 2nd Saturday of each month. Usually the president posts each month's meeting location and map on our website, but if it doesn't show up please feel free to send me a pm or e-mail if you decide to attend one of the upcoming meetings. I can find out the location and get directions for you.

Hi fretbuzz

I live in Ephrata so I know you're pain of the drive. Go to JJ web site and get yourself signed up on his list. I get his weekly stocking list and can call and hold something if I see what I like. His prices have been great so far I got a 5" crocea clam for under $40 and my frogspawn was about 42 for a 7-8 head piece. I have a 72 right now but my 300 is in the wall soon to have water.

Lots of good stores but they are in seattle or spokane Bummer for us.

Welcome to the area

Mike

Hi, I live in Yakima not much for Reef Clubs here or even pet stores that have decent anything for that matter. I think Barrier Reef in Renton is the closest thing to a real Reef Store from what I have read and am planning a trip there this summer. Unless there is something closer.

Any of you Wenatchee fellows want some free fish. I have two damsels one solid blue and one reef devil. (yellow and blue) Thinning out the aggressors there not bad but not great either. Free for the taking.

Mike

Back