Anyone have a Reeflo Dart I can listen to?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mtfinger22

Hi Everyone,

I have just set up my new tank, and I think I have an issue with my Reeflo Dart pump. It's brand new with the good Baldor motor and everyone says it should be VERY quiet. While it's not loud, it's definityly not quiet.

I'm running the Dart in my stand for my Closed Loop. Even with the stand doors closed, I can hear it throughout the main floor of my house.

The problem is that I know everyone's definition of "quiet" is very different, so I don't know if my Dart is "normal" or if there is a problem.

I'm hoping to find someone around Woodinville/Redmond area that is running a Dart, and is OK with me stopping over to give it a listen. I'll listen to any kind of set up, but if you are running it in your stand under your tank, that would be best.

Anyone running a similar set up and willing to have a visitor? (Just a quick listen, I won't take up much of your time).

Thanks!

Matt

I'm running a Gold SuperDart and is the quietest vibration free motor I have known! I had to put my hand on the motor from time to time just to make sure it was running...lol. My gushing water in my over flow is all that I can hear on my system and I have yet to put doors on my cabinet! You may want to look at a PDF scematic breakdown of your motor and see if debris is trapped and causing your noise. Possibly a coral grit or bearing? if squealy. Be prepared to have proper lubricant or seals to replace as noted in manual before diving in.

Good luck

If it is humming of buzzing then you should call Reeflo and see if its still under warrenty. My Hammerhead vibrated liked a cammed out big block chevy for a while. When I called Reeflo they told me that they were going to send out a replacement. Once I got it in the mail I just just back the broke pump. Baldor's motor reliability is second to none. Same with Reeflo's pumps. Even if I didn't get a "free" replacement from Reeflo I would have surely boughten a new unit regardless.

I wanted to post a quick follow up to this thread.

I emailed Reeflo about my pump, they asked for short video with sound to show the issue. Chris at Reeflo quickly responded and said that they would replace the pump immediately. I recieved the replacement pump a few weeks ago and installed it on my tank.

All I can say is "Wow", the new replacement pump is very quiet and I love it.

Reeflo pumps rock (in a quiet way) and Reeflo Customer Support is second to none.

I'm a very happy Reeflo customer.

Yeah, Reeflo makes a great pump. I run a Barracuda on my 180 and it's dead silent. It's really amazing they can be that quiet and move that much water.

Chris has helped me a few times over the years, great products and service to back it up!

You are welcome to give a listen to my Dart in N.Seattle if you desire a comparison. I bought it new about a year ago to power a closed loop on my 240g. It resides in a room behind the display tank

Back