Anyone have an Oceanic 8gal nanocube? Lighting Q.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brie

BRA
Anyone have an Oceanic 8gal nanocube? Ballast Q.

So I just picked up an Oceanic 8gal nano cube from someone. Came fully stocked with rock, coral, a few fish, and a ton of hair algae for free. lol.

However, it appears that just from transferal from his place to mine, one of the ballasts has blown. I cannot find any replacements anywhere online, so does anyone know where I may find one? I have the warranty info, but they say they only replace it within 12 months, and apparently the guy has had it for over 12 months. *sigh*. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
What wattage? I have the fixture off of a Eclipse12 tank that I retrofitted to CF lighting. Maybe thats an option in your case too?

-Dan

What wattage? I have the fixture off of a Eclipse12 tank that I retrofitted to CF lighting. Maybe thats an option in your case too?

-Dan

The bulbs are 18w each.. I do have 2 unused 12gal eclipse hoods laying around, but they're a totally different fixture. They use the 2 pin while the BioCube uses the 4 pin. Or does that matter when retrofitting another fixture in?

You can pick up just about anything at nanotuners.com (including mod kits to upgrade lighting). They're really good to deal with.

Back