Anyone have any experience with Vertex Puratek RO DI?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

E

eww

We just picked one up from a fellow reefer and when I hooked it up today it doesn't seem to be working right. You hear a hiss of water running through it. The first two canisters slowly filled up. The DI filter got wet but the canister itself did not fill (maybe this is normal, I don't know. I've never used one of these before). The pressure pump turns on and pumps for about 10 seconds then turns off. While it pumps the waste water line is draining but only a drop or two comes out of the good water line. The TDS display is also flashing PP when the pump is running but goes blank and all water flow stops when the pump turns off. It waits for about 15 seconds then starts it all over again. Should I just let it run like this and see if it starts working? The unit is brand new. The previous owner never used it. I have tried to contact the company but they have no support line and the website says to contact local retailers for help. I filled out their form for a list of those retailers but it has not come to my email yet. I don't want to just let it run in case this will burn something up in the unit. Anyone have any ideas of what to do?

I did but no one is there that knows anything about the unit right now. I'm going to send an email to Cy and/or Chris to see if they know anything but I thought I would put it out on here as well since it seem there is always someone who knows something around here... :D

Back