anyone have any XP with this LED array?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dlove18

copepod
I ran a search and couldn't find anything about this light. it looks ok. I don't really know much about LEDs. I just set up a new tank and still need a light for the center section. I was planning to run a 250w HQI pendant in 14k, but this thing looks pretty good. the tank is a standard 6' 125. right now, I have 2x 175w 20k halides in the end sections and 2, 6' VHOs. this would be used with the existing lights. it would be nice to not have to worry about bulbs. I'm sure it would save some electricity since my 1/3hp chiller wouldn't be running so much. the real question is "will it work?"

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=512

the pics (and specs) of this look very much like the pacific sun fixtures but without all the fancy controls.

I'm either going to buy this fixture or a 250w 14k pendant. any opinions?

That par is insane. 182@ 24"

If that is for real, it's a grow light for sure. The only drawback is 15" long isn't enough for most tanks. I'd have to buy four. Ouch!

with a little more research, I found quite a few of these made by LG and BS in china. looks like they are making this basic fixture for several companies and customizing it with controllers/timers/dimmers. I found this LED fixture as low as $268. thats only $30 more than a icecap HQI retro.

I'm leaning toward the halide right now mainly because I know it will grow corals.

Hey dolphin. What type of corals are you planning to keep? Is your tank the standard dimension 180?

Hey dolphin. What type of corals are you planning to keep? Is your tank the standard dimension 180?

I am planning a mixed reef for the most part. It is a standard 180 @ 72x24x24

Each 120 Watt unit is equivilant to a 400 Watt MH with atinics and is fully controllable!

I am going to start my 180 build thhis weekend as I am having Matt with Clear Fabrications build my Tank, Sump and ATB Medium skimmer cone clone!

Can't wait!!!

Sorry got off track there! :D

NO I was very interested as I have a 180 w/ 3 icecap 250w MH's. I would be interested in the LED lighting if I get a house in the near future.

NO I was very interested as I have a 180 w/ 3 icecap 250w MH's. I would be interested in the LED lighting if I get a house in the near future.

From all of the people I have read that have these units, they are more than satisfied with them and the pictures are absolutely amazing!

There are some user feedback over on RC as well as Manhattanreefs if your interested in doing some reading!

Jeff

Back