Anyone have good base rock for sale?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reeferrocks.com recently went out of business, so I was wondering if anyone has any rock that has been sitting dry for a while. Thanks!

(Alternatively, if anyone knows anything about Caribsea's reef bones, let me know. I'm worried it's too dense, but maybe I've heard wrong. Never seen it in person.)

Last edited:
Definatly look for alternate source of liverock, the caribsea turns out to be an expensive hit or miss. When i was lookin for a cheap(er) setup method, i went with these guys. I bought 2 boxes at first to see what it was all about, and one box was great and the other box was assorted small softball pieces. I figured it wasnt "that bad" so i ordered 4 more boxes, all 4 where softball peices. I dont know if you can aquascape a tank with only small round pieces, but i couldnt, so now i have 2 bins full of this stuff (i slowly smash it down for my coral stands) In my opinion, look for another source of rock

HTH
Jiddy

If you're looking for some Premium Fiji LR(I know its not base rock) this site has a special going on right now. For a 50lb. box its $135 ground shipped to your door. A really good price if you ask me. I would buy a few boxes except I already have plenty.
http://exoticfish.com/details.cfm?id=37616&

thats the most honest picture I have seen of people selling fiji. if you want base rock then go with a $99 box special

I have some live rock $3.50 LBS mostly tonga kealini

Back