Anyone have input on the Oceanic Sump Model #3?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

E

eww

We are looking at buying a setup that comes with one of these. It is supposedly new/never used. I have searched online and only found a spattering of info on them, most of which isn't great. Anyone here have any experience good or bad with these sumps? It may be a deal breaker on the purchase depending on the feedback we get.

well, the real question is does it have enough room to accomodate the skimmer you want to use and at least some GAC/GFO in a reactor if not a refugium as well...
i think they have a removable bioball tower if im not mistaken...
but it shouldnt be a deal breaker though if the rest of the system is good...
you could always sell the new sump and replace with an appropriate inexpensive glass tank that will accomodate ur gear...

Thanks Mark. I am having a hard time finding dimensions of the sump online anywhere and I have no idea what they are worth to sell. Anyone??? I do see they have the removable tower you speak of and it looks like it has a two baffle partial bubble trap design to put GAC/GFO or a foam filter in between the baffles instead of the more typical 3 baffle narrow spaced system I have seen. Seems like it's maybe "old school"??? We currently use the Two Little Fishies reactor for GFO/GAC and we are running the SWC Mini S Cone for a skimmer.

I believe so. I will have to see when the seller sends me some picks of it. It seems kind of small to put under a 180. Thanks again Mark.

Back