Anyone like guitars?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

edwing206

Unregistered Member
For my Senior Project(required for graduation) I chose to assemble an electric guitar. I bought the body and the neck from a local company here in Washington called Warmoth. I did everything else, dyed the body, filled the grain, sanded, soldered the pups, switches, installed all the hardware, the list goes on. In total it took me just over 35 hours to complete. It's great to have something else to play besides my old(first) POS Squire.
Here are some pics, Enjoy!
IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

Thanks- Luis

Thanks for the compliments. It's weird, everyone I know loves rockband/guitar hero, even those who play real guitar, but I don't like it, not sure why I just don't.

I took lessons as a kid and couldn't get over my finger tips hurting. The pain was too much for me. I prefer keyboards and singing. My husband plays bass.

A lot of musicians have issues with rock band because they think it's for wanna be's, lol. It can be a fun game though. Especially if a lot of people are playing. Race car games aren't the real thing either, but my son loves em.

Nice guitar.

Almost forgot to answer the subject of this email: I love the sound of guitars and only wish I could play one.

Last edited:
Nice job

for my senior project I actually built a guitar. We used autocad to get the fret spacing and bridge positions.

Basically just started with a slab of maple and built a strat neck, hand filed it down, fabricated the body, cut fret grooves, ect ect.

The paint job was alittle lacking, I coated the body with marine epoxy and primered, painted and clearcoated it. Overall a nice playing guitar. I probably spent over the 40 hours on it for sure but worth it in the long run. I still need to do some stuff on it I never got around to doing. The fine tuning of a guitar makes all the diffrence in the world.

Back